The objective of this project is to develop a document that summarizes the relationships of knowledge management with other common state DOT programs including but not limited to information technology, human resource management, workforce development, learning cultures, and organizational development. Work tasks include:
1. Conduct a literature review of the connections of knowledge management to other organizational programs common in state DOTs
2. Conduct targeted interviews with experienced KM public and private practitioners to learn how they have integrated KM.
3. Identify examples of effective ways to integrate KM into organizational practices.
4. Develop a draft document and visualization of the connections or these activities.
5. Identify and interview a select number of individuals to review the document and discuss the findings and usability of the document.
6. Finalize the document and visualization.
7. Develop an outreach and engagement plan.
8. Provide one or more presentations for relevant AASHTO committees and state DOTs.