Each year, the Research Advisory Committee (RAC) to the AASHTO Special Committee on Research and Innovation (R&I) produces a series of publications to highlight noteworthy examples of research performed by the states. These publications include:
1. “Research Impacts: Better – Faster – Cheaper” - a collection of high value research projects from across the nation compiled each year for the RAC Annual Meeting.
2. “Research Makes the Difference” - highlighting the “Sweet Sixteen” state research projects, comprising of four high-value research projects from each of the four AASHTO regions.
3. “Innovations from State DOTs” - two companion pieces to 1 and 2 above, focusing on research innovations in particular fields.
These publications are produced in collaboration with the RAC Value of Research Task Force (VOR) and the individual states, and are hosted on RAC’s website within the AASHTO main site. In prior years, communications professionals were engaged to undertake this production effort, with oversight provided by NCHRP.
NCHRP identified a consultant to produce the following publications for 2020:
1. 1 Research Impacts compendium – of the high value research projects
2. 1 Research Makes the Difference brochure – of the Sweet Sixteen state research projects
3. 2 Innovations from State DOTs brochures – one each on the topics Safety and Bridges